Mixed Sprouts Poha | Easy Breakfast Recipe
#poharecipe #quickbreakfast #healthyrecipes
Mixed Sprout Poha is an Indian recipe made out of flattened rice, especially thick one. It’s easily digestible and packed with vitamins and minerals overall being really good for health.
Poha can be cooked in varied variety by just altering the ingredients and spices.
To keep you fully fortified, eat poha with curd. It helps in making your bones stronger and completes your daily dose of calcium and protein.
This nutrient-dense food is easy to make and can be eaten by anyone, including Toddler’s.
Mixed Sprouts Poha, Healthy Breakfast
Ingredients: [adjust the quantity as per your taste]
3/4 cup poha
3/4 cup sprouts
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil/olive oil for frying
2-4 finely chopped green chilies
1/2 tbsp lemon
2-3 medium sized onion
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder/haldi
handful chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Sugar
10-12 curry leaves
Step 1 : soaking/washing
1. Wash the thick poha in water, leave it for 2 mins and drain it.
2. Wash all vegetables and keep aside.
Step 2: Pressure Cook
1. Pressure cook the mixed sprouts for 3-4 whistles.
Step 3: Cooking
1. Heat oil in pan, keep the flame at medium.
2. add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle add curry leaves and peanuts and saute for a minute.
3. add onion, green chillies and saute until golden brown.
4. Add mixed sprouts and saute well.
5. add turmeric powder, sugar and salt.
6. mix well and cook for 2 mins.
7. Add poha and mix well, cook for another 2-3 mins.
8. turn off the flame add lemon juice, coriander leaves and serve hot.
You can enjoy it with any pickle, green chutney, especially curd or just a cup of tea.
Do leave a comment to let us know if you liked this easy and quick breakfast recipe:)