“Let food be thy medicine
and medicine be thy food.”
You may have heard the expression “eat yourself sick.” But is it possible to “eat yourself happy”? The fact is, your state of mind is profoundly connected to your diet.
Here’s how to eat yourself Happy :-
1. Eat frequent small meals and snacks throughout the day to maintain adequate and steady blood sugar levels.
2. Eat whole, nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables and nuts.
3. Avoid foods that are highly processed, because of their high glycemic load and their contribution to increased inflammation in the body. Eat whole grains rather than refined carbohydrates.
4. Promote healthy gut function by eating foods containing prebiotics (such as asparagus, dandelion greens, bananas, and garlic) and using probiotic supplements.
5. Eat organic foods whenever possible, to reduce your exposure to toxins and oxidative stress.
6. Eat more foods (such as fish, walnuts, flaxseeds, and leafy green vegetables) that contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Reduce your consumption of omega-6 fatty acids, which are found in corn, soybean and canola oils.
7. Consider food allergy testing, and try eliminating common allergens such as casein and gluten if you suspect a reaction to these foods.
Watch top 10 Kitchen Hacks – Tips and Tricks by Flavors