Samosa or samoosa are one of the favorite street food in India. Its small triangular shaped pastry which is very crispy and tasty, filled with stuffings made with onions, mixed vegetables, and smashed potatoes, I love it when its stuffed with minced masala chicken.
In 2019 Ramzan I made loads of samosa and took it to my office, during my iftaar (breaking fast) I invited all my colleagues and they loved this lip smacking, tasty and crispy samosas. Sahil and Muzamil just gobbled through it and requested me to make and get some more. I miss you guys as you have moved to new role new place. Now do make it by yourself and do share reviews on my page how it tasted.
Crispy Tasty golden samosa, perfect aroma with spiced minced chicken filling is a showstopper appetizer and snacks. Please find the details below:
For making chicken stuffing :
1. 2 Tbsp Oil
2. 1 tsp Jeera/ Cumin seeds
3. 2-3 medium sized onion finely chopped
4. 1 large tomato finely chopped
5. 1 tsp Haldi/ turmeric powder
6. 1 tsp Mirch/ chilli powder
7. 1 tsp Jeera / Cumin powder
8. 2-4 chopped green chilli as per taste.
9. Salt to taste.
10. 800 gm minced chicken
11. 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
12. Handful of Dhania Patta / coriander leaves
13. 1 tsp pepper powder (optional)
14. 1-2 tsp Soya sauce
15. 1-2 tbsp Mayonnaise
Samosa wraps required to fill the prepared stuffings. I was able to make 40 samosas with the given ingredients.
1. Add oil in pan once heated add jeera/cumin seeds.
2. Add finely chopped onion and let it turn little translucent, stir and add chopped tomatoes. Add haldi / turmeric powder, add mirchi/ chilli powder, add jeera / cumin powder add chopped green chillies and salt to taste. Stir and mix well. It starts releasing water, cover and cook for 5 min till it releases oil.
3. Once oil is released add minced chicken and mix well. It Cover and cook for another 8 mins in medium flame. Chicken will release water and let all water evaporate. Cover and cook.
4. Stir fry for a minute till it’s dry. Add garam masala powder and handful of coriander leaves. Let it cool down
5.After it’s cooled down add Soya sauce, mayonnaise, here you can also add pepper powder as per your taste.
6. Prepare a thick sticky paste with wheat flour and few drops of water and set it aside.
7. I have used samosa wraps that is easily available in the market, you can prepare this wrap at home , I will share the recipe soon.
8. Take the samosa wrap, and take one spoon full of stuffing fill it and wrap it, seal the sides with the thick sticky paste that we prepared this will help the samosa to remain intact and not open while deep frying. Prepare all the samosa in the similar manner, and then deep fry them in medium flame.
amzn_assoc_ad_type =”responsive_search_widget”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id =”flavors1-21″; amzn_assoc_marketplace =”amazon”; amzn_assoc_region =”IN”; amzn_assoc_placement =””; amzn_assoc_search_type = “search_widget”;amzn_assoc_width =”160″; amzn_assoc_height =”600″; amzn_assoc_default_search_category =”HomeGarden”; amzn_assoc_default_search_key =””;amzn_assoc_theme =”light”; amzn_assoc_bg_color =”FFFFFF”; //z-in.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&Operation=GetScript&ID=OneJS&WS=1&Marketplace=IN
1. It tastes good even when cold so do not hurry to cook in high flame cook in medium flame allow it to turn golden brown and gets cooked on both sides, it will remain crispy even if it’s cold.
2. The stuffing once prepared can be Sealed in a box and kept in freezer good to be used for next 15-20 days.
3. Samosa wrap always cover it nicely when not in use and keep it in freezer. When planning to prepare the samosa take it out 15-20 mins before to allow it to come to room temperature.
4. Prepared samosas can also be placed in freezer for few days in a sealed box. You just need to take it out and deep fry.
5. The prepared stuffing can also be used to prepared rolls, shawarma, can be added with noodles, rice etc. I assure you all will taste delicious!
Happy Cooking..Happy Eating.. Enjoy!
Do try this recipe and share your reviews in the comments below.
Watch all my recipes in Youtube and do Like, Share and Subscribe the Channel.